Doctoral student – Exotic Quantum Matter Laboratory
Tobias is currently pursuing a joint PhD between the University of Strasbourg and the University of Heidelberg in the context of the collaborative research center “Isolated Quantum Systems and Universality in Extreme Conditions”. His research includes laser cooling and high resolution imaging of ultracold potassium atoms, and in the Exotic Quantum Matter group he aims to explore how long-range interactions mediated by Rydberg states give rise to new phases and dynamics of quantum gases.
- Since 2017: Doctoral researcher, University of Strasbourg and Ruprecht-Karls-Universität , Heidelberg.
- 2016: Master of Science in Physics, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität , Heidelberg
- 2015: Internship, Laser application center TRUMPF Laser- und Systemtechnik GmbH, Ditzingen, Germany
- 2014: Study abroad and internship at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
- 2013: Bachelor of Science in Physics, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität , Heidelberg, Germany